Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote on 11.01.06 16:33:

> I think the key isn't that they couldn't be made to run on Rosetta,
> the key is that these are high performance applications that Apple
> sells to the professional marketplace... people who make money using
> them. People who buy these high-end applications would not be
> interested in using them with an emulated environment: performance
> suffers too much.
Yes, but people who buy these new Macs can be surprised that their $$$$
applications refuse to work. I mean: Apple should have upgrades for their
flagship software ready before they introduced intel based machines.

> A $49 update charge is trivial for people who are using these
> applications to make their income.
Right, it is not much, but I still think it should be free of charge for
users of the latest versions of these applications. If you buy the latest
Photoshop when it is known that newer version will come soon, you usually
get the latest version for free when it appear.

> Same goes for Photoshop (which
> does run in Rosetta) and other high-end applications used by the
> professional creative community.
So far no Macintel native Photoshop is ready. But it is interesting how fast
would rosetta applications run? If similar to 68k emulation on Power PC,
than such a applications on a fast G5 will be faster than on Macintel.

--
Balance is the ultimate good...

Best Regards
Sylwek