> From: Kostas Kavoussanakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/01/24 Tue PM 03:14:26 GMT
> To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
> Subject: Re: Re: Kodachrome 25
>
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, mike wilson wrote:
>
> >> From: "William Robb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >> Date: 2006/01/24 Tue PM 12:40:21 GMT
> >> To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
> >> Subject: Re: Kodachrome 25
> >>
> >> Kodachrome is still available.
> >>

> > Not 25, sadly.  Unless someone wants to make an offer for my remaining roll.
> >
> > Also, there is only the Swiss facility in Europe for processing.  You can't
> > even send your film to your national centre for forwarding any more.
>
> Isn't it E6? What is special about it?
>
> Interested for general knowledge,

I forget the name of the process (it's something like K13 - you will find it in
google) but it is a process that inserts dye into the film rather than causing
dye precursors to become visible, as E6 does.  It is a much more complicated
process than E6.

http://historicphotoarchive.com/index.html
http://www.subclub.org/shop/kodachro.htm

<high controversy>