The Oly 4/3 SLRs have the shortest mount register of any SLR on the market ... 38.67mm. I haven't seen one yet, but it's short enough that an adapter could be made even for Canon FL/FD series lenses (42.00mm). That would open up a lot of now ancient and very cheap but excellent lenses if someone made the adapter.

The adaptation possibility for Pentax K-mount makes the possibility of an Olympus, or Panasonic, 4/3 camera an intriguing idea. I am pretty sure that Pentax will eventually come out with their D followon, probably with a 10mpixel sensor, but if they don't the possibility exists that a Panasonic 4/3 SLR body with built in image stabilization could be useful.

Godfrey