Paul Stenquist wrote:

> My father was an artist who worked in oils. He frequently had to send
> in slides for show entries. Generally, the galleries didn't seem to be
> too fussy about the quality of the chromes. I shot some for him once in
> a while. I generally used outdoor light diffused through a window. A
> room with white walls is ideal. With the painting on an easel and the
> camera on a tripod, light intensity isn't important. All that matters
> is color temperature. I recently shot some paintings with digital.
> That's much easier and yields great results. Any miscalculation on
> perspective is easily fixed in PhotoShop and of course color temp and
> saturation can be adjusted to really nail the look of the original.
> Paul

Yeah - it would be nice to shoot in digital - I think you
are right about the
galleries not caring as much about quality of chromes -
though I'd like to
do my best work anyway - but do care that someone is
submitting is true own work and things that have not been
made to look much better than what they are by
futzing with stuff in photoshop.

ann