On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

- Check flash connection polarity
- Check flash trigger voltage ... If it's over 10V, use it with a Wein Safe Sync.

Mark Smith at Pentax informed me that the -DS uses a 480V, 1.2A semiconductor device on the flash trigger. I use my Vivitar 2800 with 270V hotshoe on it without worry after I found that out.