In a message dated 2/5/2006 10:35:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Actually, I fail to see why dressing up as a woman is funny.

It's a very british thing. They quite succesfully exported it to australia. Not sure about the rest of the commonwealth ;-)

Yeah, I've seen it mainly (as a big humorous thing) in British TV shows (exports). Monty Python, Barney Hill, that one where they all work in a departmentstore, etc.

I wouldn't put Benny Hill and 'humorous' in one sentence ;-)

I figure the British are really uptight about sex and/or have very strict gender roles.
Or both.

Probably due to all those public schools. Or something like that.

I'm not going to speculate: too many Brits on the list...

--
Regards, Lucas