John Francis wrote:
On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 09:48:01PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Marnie aka Doe :-) Well, enuff said. It's basically sexist humor if you can't figure that out.

Well, no it isn't, necessarily.   Much of the time the joke is
aimed at the male - the butt of the humour isn't the character
being personified, but rather at the impersonator.

In the "Lumberjack" song, which was way back at the start of this thread (and the origin of the line "I wear high heels, suspenders and a bra"), the object of ridicule (IMO) is the "macho" stereotype personified by the lumberjack (apologies in advance to any lumberjacks out there; er, except those wearing high heels, etc.).

And even if it had been, using it as a launching pad for a racist
dig at the British really wasn't the best way of making your point.

Well, whatever sort of dig it was, it was NOT racist (I am getting *really* tired of hearing that). The British are NOT a race, any more than are the "Americans" or the "Australians".

Anyway, there were smileys inserted, so it was done in humour.

Keith McG