> 2. Which lens will you only bring out in the nicest conditions?
> (and as a result this lens, though perhaps now having some age to it,
> still looks like new)

Hmmm...  Probably my worst example of a "sacred cow" lens is the A*
135/1.8.  I tend to take this only when I know I am going to need the speed
- most of the time, if I am packing a 135, it'll be a K 135/2.5.  (And, I
do have to admit that a very high percentage of photos at about 135mm have
probably been taken using convenient zooms, which also - though not really
intentionally - do help to "spare" both 135mm primes.)

Fred