To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:57 PM
Subject: RE: The Sacrifices

On 11 Feb 2006 at 15:04, Bob W wrote:

I don't like new, pristine camera equipment. I can only feel comfortable
with it when it's been through the wars a bit. When I got all my Contax gear
new I felt very intimidated by it until it had been scuffed around on
railway floors, dropped from apple trees, scraped in the bilges of fishing
boats, and generally lived a bit.

The point in a products lifetime where it acquires its first dings/scratches etc always makes me feels annoyed with myself that I let it happen (however inevitable) but at the same time is fairly liberating. That point is also the threshold where one more ding won't really make too much of a difference. This is why I really don't mind buying used because someone else has had to deal
with break-in traumas and I effectively get a discount for their guilt :-)

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998