Hi

I've probably and unknowingly been paraphrasing that for the last 40 years :-).
And I'm glad that it was one of my heroes that said it.
I have a couple of photos of musicians that are so tack sharp that it looks
like a studio - promo set up.

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 19:36:18 -0500, frank theriault wrote:

>"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Re: "Sacrifices" I'm a "use your equipment" person, although I have hesitation
about water, dampness, especially with the new all
electric cameras. Years ago I bought my last 35mm Pentax, the Z1p just before
my holidays, and I must admit that while touring the
Maritimes, I kept the camera in its case, foolishly afraid that the salt humid
air would corrode the camera and that it would rust and
fall apart in my hands :-)

I'm pretty careful until the first ding, just like when I buy a new car.

Last fall I tripped on a stair and fell heavily onto my *ist DS with my Pentax
100mm macro lens. Not a scratch!!

herb