On 12 Feb 2006 at 0:40, Don Williams wrote:

> After Godfrey set me right I made another set
> of images -- like I did a week or so ago
> (without making a silly mistake) when testing
> a Macro Converter. This time I used the Sigma
> 50/2.8 EX Macro alone. The nearest flower was
> 110 mm from the front edge of the lens mount
> and the furthermost was 330mm. This makes the
> depth of focus 220mm. I used CombineZ 5 this
> time to stack 21 images. The aperture was 3.5
> and exposure 150s using the Vivitar TTL
> 730AFPK flash pointed up with a white card
> reflector at 45 degrees or so.
>
> The picture is here:
>
> http://www.kolumbus.fi/mimosa/HOLD/cz-002.jpg

Hi Don,

Very interesting, CombineZ 5 appears to have done a very good job here, this
opens up many possibilities. Layering images manually is a bit tedious and
error prone and I'd never even consider layering 21 images manually. Does the
application also compensate for small lateral shift, magnification and rotation
errors?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998