He (Nader) later tried to do so with GM pickups, but had to give up when his people got caught faking the exploding gas tanks.

??????

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Nader behind this particular episode.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Maas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OT: HCB with a Minolta CLE

William Robb wrote:

Nader made more than a few bucks off those Corvairs. In fact, he made a career off them.

I suspect the Pinto helped.......
I can well imagine he is unpopular with people in and around the auto industry, I also expect he has saved a lot of lives.

William Robb

Only problem was the cars weren't unsafe. It was all hysteria pumped up by Nader & Co. He later tried to do so with GM pickups, but had to give up when his people got caught faking the exploding gas tanks.

-Adam