frank theriault wrote:
On 2/16/06, Gonz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You really think that the left is more zealous than, say the
Evangelical Religious Right, especially in the US?

Sometimes they are.  Look at the red paint spraying anti-fur people.  Or
the whole Michael Moore thing (Farenheight 911).

That's an interesting answer.

I don't think of anti-fur people as being in any connected to the left
wing.  I suspect that you label them leftists because some of them are
extremists, and perhaps in your mind extremism equals leftist.

Thats true, its possible that they might be right wing extremists. Or just plain extremists about this particular issue. But I do suspect that if you profile most of them, they are way left of center.

It's like the Green Party, whom everyone presumes to be leftist, but
here in Canada (at least) hold some views, especially WRT immigration
and economics, that are normally identified with the right wing.

Kind of like the Libertarians here, and they are much closer to the political center here. Most Americans would probably land close to that party if they were surveyed. The old Republican party here used to be closer to that, fiscally conservative, socially liberal.

As for Michael Moore, I think his politics are pretty reasonable, and
although I'll admit that his filmaking style is "in your face" and
abrasive, I don't see him as any more zealous than some guy like Rush
Limbaugh or Pat Robertson.

Not any more then them, just about the same, which was my point.

cheers,

rg

cheers,
frank

Someone handed me a picture and said, "This is a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. "...Here's a picture of me when I'm older." Where'd you get that camera man?
- Mitch Hedberg