Looks nice Bob.  I didn't get a chance to respond earlier.

I've skiied with both my PZ-1p and the *ist D. I find the zooms and the 31mm LTD are just too bulky under my coat. Last week I used the *ist D and the 43mm LTD. I'm contemplating the DA 40 pancake as it would be the least bulky lens.

Alternatively its pretty easy to put an Optio (or Olympus Stylus) in the coat pocket, though I prefer an SLR.

Tom C.

From: "Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: RE: Re: Skiing with cameras...
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:38:22 -0000

Thanks to everybody who helped out with the skiing questions a few weeks
ago. I leave tomorrow for about 9 days in Val d'Allos and will unsubscribe
later this evening until I get back.

I've never skiied before, but I watched the men's downhill a few days ago,
and it all looks pretty straightforward really - stand on slope, bend knees,
let gravity take its course...<g>

I couldn't make up my mind, so I am over-equipped, photographically. I have
decided to take 1 SLR with a 20mm, 28-80 and 80-200 lenses, and 2
rangefinders with 35, 50 and 90mm lenses. I will shoot colour with the SLR
and b&w with the other. I will at least have the choice of what to use when
I get there - if I use anything at all. I'll let you know when I get back.

http://www.valdallos.com/

This is what it looks like in summer:
http://www.web-options.com/vda.jpg

--