Tom C wrote:

I do find it a little sad that the Pentax top of the line will be underspec'd compared to Canon's middle of the line.

In fairness to Pentax (this from a Canon "defector") and with all due respect, the new 10MP D-whatever will be targeted at the advanced amateur audience and will compete with the 20D(30D) and D200 (just as the original D competed with the 10D and D100). This is Pentax's current "top-of the line target market", and that's great.

In this regard the new D-whatever, if it has the higher buffer and frame rate, will compete very nicely in specs and price. The only thing it's "missing" is USM and some sort of anti-shake and we don't know if this is the case yet.

I don't see how you can call it "under-spec'd" compared to Canon (especially without seeing it's specs). You cannot compare it to the 5D. That's a whole other animal.

--

Christian
http://photography.skofteland.net