Looking at the back-side image:
http://www.pentax.co.jp/japan/news/2006/press-image/200609-08.jpg

1. Note the side tripod mount for vertical shooting. A very practical feature. Just add your favorite quick-release plate.

2. The large media door could indicate either (a) CF or (b) multiple media (use CF or SD) (c) put in more than one and when #1 is filled, start on #2. (I would hope for (c) but it's probably (a) )

3. Regarding the two taped-over covers at the bottom .. USB, Firewire, and perhaps ethernet?
How about a wired remote control connection?

4. The separation of metering & af point selection (to the left and right of the eyepiece) seems very practical. Far better than going through the menu. This would be nice to
have on the 135-format DSLRs.

5. The exposure mode knob looks like they took one off another body and taped over the things
which weren't needed.  Sloppy tape job for a press release.

6. Did you catch the LCD backlight button to the right of the display? Nice & practical.

I hope it lives up to the prototype in this press release. Many pros will be very pleased.

CRB

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
                                                -- Jim Elliott