Boris Liberman wrote:
Hi!

OK, here's a question to those who may be interested, brought about by the
thread about the name of the new Pentax

Give that the Samsung and the Pentax are the same camera, given the
opportunity to buy either, would you choose the Pentax or the Samsung name,
and under what circumstances, i.e., if one were less expensive than the
other.

Shel, if two cameras you ask about are *exactly* the same, then I'd choose the one which is cheaper. However, if they are *exactly* the same, it is unlikely that one would be cheaper than the other.

Otherwise, I would probably prefer Pentax. It evidently says certain things about my character, but then again, I am me ;-).

Generally, I care much less about the camera and much more about the optic attached to it.

Boris

It's quite possible that both can be exactly the same and one much cheaper. Samsung sells more units at lower margins in the Big Box stores, Pentax sells with higher margins in traditional camera stores, giving a distinct price difference.

-Adam