Fra: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 2. marts 2006 00:16
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: Re: Some more new camera speculation

On 1 Mar 2006 at 17:01, John Francis wrote:

You think Pentax "screwed up".  I think they took a risk, gambled
on Philips being able to deliver the chip, and lost.  In hindsight
it looks like a bad decision, but presumably somebody thought the
potential gain was worth taking the risk - after all, if Pentax had
got that camera to market when they hoped what would their market
share be today?   Nobody knows, but I'd bet it would be much larger.

Indeed I think Pentax "screwed up", given that all sources indicate that
they
were having some technical difficulty with the sensor and supply/pricing
issues
why l did they then present the thing to the public?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998