On 1 Mar 2006 at 17:01, John Francis wrote:

> You think Pentax "screwed up".  I think they took a risk, gambled
> on Philips being able to deliver the chip, and lost.  In hindsight
> it looks like a bad decision, but presumably somebody thought the
> potential gain was worth taking the risk - after all, if Pentax had
> got that camera to market when they hoped what would their market
> share be today?   Nobody knows, but I'd bet it would be much larger.

Indeed I think Pentax "screwed up", given that all sources indicate that they
were having some technical difficulty with the sensor and supply/pricing issues
why l did they then present the thing to the public?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998