On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Frank Theriault wrote:

> Since I'll be assigned a few images to critique this month, I'll wait
> for my "assignment" before doing anything detailed.

Actually, I won't send the list of photos for commenting out for a couple
of days, to allow for some dialogue to happen on-list first.  Please don't
think that you can't comment on PUG images just because you happened to
agree to talk about a few specific images in the PUG.  I'd prefer it if
you were able to do both, actually.  :)  The whole organized commenting
process is just a way to make sure that people who want their photos
talked about are guaranteed to get at least one or two comments.  That's a
totally separate thing from giving your first impressions of the PUG,
detailed analyses of photos, etc.  Do whatever you want, and then the
organized comments can supplement it, not replace it.  I don't want the
organized comments to inhibit regular PUG comments or discussion; that
goes against the whole idea of having them.  And no, this isn't directed
at anyone in particular; Frank's post just reminded me of something I've
been meaning to write for a few days now.

Thanks for listening!

chris