I agree with most of your points but not all. I certainly agree that the
autofocus LX will never be made. It may be fun to speculate about what it
should or should not have but it will never be made. (as an aside: I believe
the limited lenses some of us think are for the new LX are really going to be
for the digital MZ-S Pentax is working on. They are the closest thing to
'retro' Pentax will get. I believe the MZ-S is the LX replacement that the
president is talking about. It's how the company has been marketing the
camera and to tell you the truth, in many ways, it is an autofocus LX.) As
far as marketing goes: I just received the full-sized brochure for the MZ-S
and I think Pentax's strongest marketing position is selling the camera on
its compact size, much like the LX and MX were marketed. That, afterall, is
what makes the MZ-S special and unique. It may not attract many professionals
(not unlike the LX) but it is a professional calibre camera aimed at advanced
amateurs -- most of whom can take better pictures than many pros.

Just my 2cents worth...
Vic Canada, Ontario to be more exact...

In a message dated 7/31/01 7:01:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,