Shel Belinkoff wrote on 14.03.06 8:20:

> While talking with Marco last night at Godfrey's show (VERY nicely done,
> BTW - and Godders is a fine host), he mentioned that he was playing around
> with a Beta version of Adobe Lightroom.  The program is not yet available
> for Windows, and I'm wondering if any other Mac users have been using it,
> and what comments you may have.  From all I've read, it seems that it might
> be a very fine adjunct to Photoshop, or maybe even a replacement for it for
> photographers.  Any thoughts?
While not a replacement for final retouching in Photoshop, it is a great
replacement for raw converting and photos managmenet applications. It has
most of functions found in Adobe RAW Converter + some ready to go sets of
effects like converting to B&W at RAW stage. It seems to be more
photographer than computer user oriented, so I think it will be more
appealing to people with less computer knowledge. And it has nice tools for
managing your photography library - you can categorize photos, then sort it
according to theses categories, see all photos by date they were taken and
much more. And it has an option to do RAW -> DNG converting during photos
import too. One think that I don' like is its speed - especially when
"checking thumbnails" occurs - it takes too much time. But it is beta, and
this and other problems should be sorted before final version appears. I
hope it will be priced well below price of Apple's Aperture - I'm hoping for
~200-250$ range, especially that Aperture has strange hardware requirements
(on the one side it is enough to have Powerbook G4, on the other - it
doesn't work on much faster G5/1.6 which I have) and doesn't support .PEFs
at all.

--
Balance is the ultimate good...

Best Regards