The 300mm f/2.8 Yashmar has been made sporadically in limited quantities for some years. I wrote a test report on it for Shutterbug something like ten years ago. Optically it is a copy of an early Nikkor 300/2.8 . I found the sample I tested to perform very well, but not up to the quality levels of later versions of the Nikkor. I have not seen a Yashmar for sale in quite a while. Can you say how much you paid for it? All of the ones I have seen for sale were rather expensive.

Bob