One has to choose between viewfinder and other features.

Viewfinder, is what you use all the time, even if you have no film, or SD card is full...

You can think about Nikon D70 as a BMW car with wooden chair.
DS - as a BMW car with normal, comfortable seat.

Pentax 645 - it looks like a school bus, with sofa :)

Gatis

Bruce Dayton wrote:
I'd be curious just what cameras you've looked through.  All the
recent film models in the low to mid range from all manufacturers
pretty much suck.  They are really relying on AF rather than MF for
focusing.  The viewfinder is just for composing.  The digitals are
much similar.  When I got the *istD, it easily had the best viewfinder
of the mid level models - Nikon D100 and Canon D60.  The problem is
that the actual format is smaller than 35mm so making a big finder is
more costly.