frank theriault wrote:

>I don't need or want to consider "work flow" or any of that crap.

Oh man, this is great! I was just talking about this very subject with
a photographer friend a couple of days ago.

Frank, you *do* have "work flow" and you *have* considered it, as all
of us have done. You shoot film of a particular type that you have
selected amongst thousands (well, maybe hundreds or dozens these days)
available. You then take the exposed film to a lab you trust and have
the film developed and prints made. Sometimes you follow this by
scanning the prints and uploading them to Photo.net. I'm guessing even
you have some way of storing your negatives ;-)

All this *is* workflow. Photographers have always done workflow. We
haven't really noticed it before (at least *I* hadn't - perhaps this
says something about me, but let's not go there!) because A) We have
each developed our own procedures gradually over a long period of
time, and B) we didn't have the word "workflow" to describe the
process.

The workflow of all my photography (I still do shoot some film, you
know) has improved since I started shooting digital, simply because I
am now aware of the concept of photographic workflow and the fact that
it can be modified and improved. My friend Steve (who shoots weddings,
corporate "grip-n-grin" and horse shows) and I were discussing how
"workflow" had entered the modern lexicon and how it really applied to
lots of things outside photography.

Anyway, you *have* designed your own workflow and, as far as I can
tell, it's a damned good one for your purposes. (At least as far as
the resulting images are concerned. I know you well enough to be wary
of inquiring too deeply into the negative storage and archiving end of
it <g>)