Yes sea birds like gulls, ducks, and some crow birds. So most likely bread
will do the trick.

But throwing it up in the air? Most likely it would be rather efficient, but
it has no "heart" ;-)
In fact I am partly serious about this. The purpose of the project is to
_document_ the life of the birds in the area. Changing the environment by
throwing food at them will affect their behaviour. Feeding them in a more
"natural" way will also affect their behaviour, but in a less radical way.
This may be total nonsense, I don't really know. But, it is the way I _feel_
(at least the moment).

This said: I do appreciate your input, Christian.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)