I'm happy to report that neither Jostein nor myself were arrested for
photographing (in the dark) the militarily strategic bridges across the River
Tyne.

We were, however, accosted by a few young females in  various stages of undress
with certain requests ("Take me photo, willya?") that we managed to resist.

Apart from getting dizzy from the spiral staircases, I found out how extremely
unfit I am on the trip to the top of Durham cathedral bell tower.  To round off
the weekend, we visited the ancestral home of George Washington to watch the
rain come down.

Pictures at 11.

mike

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com