Aaron - your agreements with MLB/MLBPA mirror pretty much exactly
the arrangements I have with CART/ChampCar and/or the tracks where
I had photo passes.

I am, quite explicitly, prohibited from selling copies of the
photographs I took (with the exception that I am allowed to sell
photographs to the teams themselves, who alread have pre-existing
agreements to use images of the cars in their promotional material).

That, again explicitly, excludes selling a single print to a fan
who just wants to frame it and put it up on a wall in the house.

I've had discussions with the licensing folks, to see what would be
needed.  It's not impossible to get permission, but there's a lot
of paperwork involved.  I never pursued it, because I didn't envision
selling enough prints for it to be worth my while.

That situation, and your analogous position WRT baseball, isn't
quite the same as street photography - neither of us is taking our
photographs in a public place.   But the restriction to editorial
use is the same - and does not, IMO, extend to selling prints.