In Oxford advanced learner dictionary it is analects with one l. But, when
looking further down I now do find annals.

Even the "limited" spellchecker conform it.
So my spellchecker is smarter than me ;-)
That makes me? Very limited, or an "ass/æs/ animal of horse family with long
ears and a tuft of the end of its tail".

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)