If there's one essential accessory for a DSLR, it's a modern PC (or Mac).

You need the processing power and you need the storage space. Your machine probably came with a 10GB disk. You'll soon use that up.

If you think you can get away with not processing your images, you've bought the wrong camera. You need a point and shoot.

Plus the fact that XP and Mac OSX (or whatever it is) are a million times better than Win98.

John