That sounds like something is not being turned off when it should be.  I'm
not saying that you aren't turning the camera off when you aren't using it,
I'm saying that something internal is on all the time and using battery
power.

Are there any Pentax function settings that could have an impact?  You've
got me interested because I am about two months away from buying an MZ-S and
that is something worth knowing before I spend my money.

Len
---