>I must agree here.  I have really enjoyed the overall handling of the body.
>My major negative is the lack of fill flash compensation.  I use that more
>on my PZ-1p than I realized.  As soon as that new flash gets on the
>market...maybe this is Pentax's way of selling lots of new flash units.

I think Pentax made the wrong move when they decided to make the flash
compensation control on the body, instead of on the flash unit itself (like
the Nikon system). Having both exposure and flash compensations on the body
was a bit confusing for new users, and a bit slow to adjust. On the plus
side, people could still use those grand old Pentax TTL flash units with
flash compensation control on the Z-1p. However, consider there are many
AF500FTZ owners out there now, by passing the flash compensation control
back to the flash unit becomes another wrong move. This time, many Pentax
owners would be upset because AF500FTZ is a perfectly fine flash unit (and
not cheap either). But to me, this might not be a bad news because my Metz
40MZ3i flash has its own compensation control (which makes perfect sense on
the MZ-S, but rather confusing when used on Z-1p at first). And as a Pentax
user for 10 years, I am not surprised by their inconsistence on decision
making. They just love surprises.

regards,
Alan Chan