Rick:

I had a similar experience with my Pentax lens rebate being denied so I called the customer service folks at the Express Group Rebate Service Center (not Pentax) about it. They explained that I had send in the wrong UPC - the one they required was the UPC sticker which was on top of the UPC printed on the carton. I sent this to them and finally received the rebate. Since then I have gotten two more lens rebates from them with no problems.

The requirement for the *sticker* UPC code, not the printed one from the carton, is not explained anywhere in the directions. Scam? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm sure that a percentage of applicants give up in disgust when their initial submission is denied. The irony is that they probably blame Pentax rather than the fulfillment company and any marketing benefit to Pentax from the promotion is lost. Why can't the sponsoring companies see that this kind of negative publicity harms them and do something about it? Costco is one company that does it right - you get a rebate form/ receipt when you pay for the item and only have to fill out your name and address and send it in - no additional sales receipt or UPC is required.

Regards, Jim