Has anyone read or heard anything about the status or future of the Pentax *ist 35mm SLR? It's still shown on the Pentax USA site, but is no longer in the catalog for B&H or Adorama. Amazon shows it as "not in stock" and some other sites show the model as "discontinued." Is there any official word? I emailed Pentax, but no answer yet.

I know the *ist is not highly regarded in PDML-land, but I love my *ist -- if they really are discontinued, I may have to buy one on closeout somewhere or on ebay, just to have a backup.

*>UncaMikey