----------
>From: "Alan Chan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: The MZ-S; a batteryholic?
>Date: Thu, Aug 9, 2001, 3:57 AM
>

> And as a Pentax
> user for 10 years, I am not surprised by their inconsistence on decision
> making. They just love surprises.

Pentax Inconsistent? Gee, lots of laughs in the PUG today... Are they not
the only one of the big four that has managed to maintain complete and total
backwards compatibility between lenses and bodies? The only thing that
Pentax has been inconsistent with is the flash, but all for good reason.
Someone who knows more correct me if I'm wrong on this but all major changes
to the flash system has been for really good reason. The first big change
(that I know of) was from the line including the AF280T to the line
containing the AF500FTZ. This changed because of the addition of AF and
autozoom. I can't use the 500 on an LX but I can use the 280T on the pz1p.
This new change I think is also logical. Because of the MZ-S' off-camera TTL
capabilities, it would be completly pointless for them to have put flash
comp into the body. One of the biggest things attracting me to this body is
exactly that; being able to have multiple flash units on wireless TTL
control each set with their own comp value (think about the new possibilites
for outdoor portraits). Besides they had to make a new flash anyway (for
high speed sych).

Nick