I did? I was afraid I suspected the answer, but wasn't sure. All I know about Pentax bodies between the Spotmatic and the *ist I've read on the internets, and we all know how reliable they can be.

Thanks David and Jon for the info.

That makes the design of the *ist 35mm even more curious -- once one becomes used to that mode of operation and those lenses, the migration path is not to other film SLRs, but to a digital SLR! Fiendishly clever! <G> All the other bodies with the crippled KAF look pretty low-end, plastic mounts, limited features, etc.

*>UncaMikey

---"Tom C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I think you've answered your own question

 Tom C