On Apr 11, 2006, at 10:26 AM, Lucas Rijnders wrote:

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:11:25 +0200, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Apr 11, 2006, at 9:55 AM, Scott Loveless wrote:

Are such lenses even usable on older bodies like the MX?

The MX is manual only.  Lenses set on A and lenses without aperture
rings can only be used wide open.

Fully stopped down, not wide open.
Wide open would be easier for hand holding; fully stopped down means more need for tripod and cable release, harder to focus.

Harder to focus? My lenses on 'a' only stop down when I press the shutter on a MX. Focussing and light-metering is wide open. Or am I missing your point?

That's right, the MX will hold the aperture wide open but will always go to minimum lens opening (f/22 - f/32) at exposure time, no intermediate f/stops can be selected. My mistake, I misspoke.

Godfrey