On Apr 14, 2006, at 12:48 PM, Bob Shell wrote:

This is all the more important for digital shooters because digital is far more sensitive to slight color casts than film.

ON the other hand, they're easier to correct.

Not if you have one brand on the right and another on the left!! I ran into that when trying to use a Westcott and a Photoflex together. Pretty much impossible to fix in Photoshop.

LOL .. That's a tough situation, sure. I wouldn't say "impossible" but it can be damn hard, I agree. :-)

It would be impossible to correct that sort of color balance problem with film capture, unless you really like developing variant filter packs for dodge and burn printing.

Godfrey