What's stupid?    Software that (correctly) threads messages
based on the In-Reply-To and MessageID headers, or software
that thinks threads need to be built based on the subject line?

What's, dumb, if you ask me, is software that refuses to show
you those headers, or to let you change them.  But software
that puts a message into the same thread as a post made five
years ago, just because the subject line happens to be the
same, comes pretty close to it on the stupidity front.

(Yes - you have been screwing up the archives)