PJ

None of which are any problem at all for a group member subscribed and receiving the group messages as email, not as a Yahoo member accessing the group through a web browser. It is not necessary for subscribers to a group to be Yahoo members at all.

I've been running four Yahoo groups for three years. No spam, an excellent record of service (3 downtimes in three years for 1 day each, scheduled), and the only "intrusion" is that Yahoo puts a trailer on each message post like so:

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor -------------------- ~--> Everything you need is one click away. Make Yahoo! your home page now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/ucIolB/TM
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Digests only get that once, of course. List owners have extensive control over the list parameters as well, and *someone else maintains the servers and the software*.

Now, as I said, I really don't care what host and software Doug chooses. It's obvious that the PDML's current host and software are badly broken, anything should prove better.

But after working with three other list admins and looking for a home for the Digital Users Group for several months, Yahoo groups was the clear choice. The transition was effortless, the number of problems since the changeover zero.

Godfrey