What computer do you have now?
You can buy a scsi adapter for your new PC.
There are even converter USB -> SCSI. You might try one.

2006/5/8, Juan Buhler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
I had a bit of an epiphany yesterday.

I went shooting to a Polish festival in Golden Gate Park. There was
music and dancing indoors, and I started shooting with the istD. Even
with the FA35, focusing was not completely trivial, given the light.
So I pulled the Leica off the bag, and shot a couple of (expired)
rolls of Tri-X with it. Wow. I had forgotten how much I love that
camera. It becomes an invisible tool, blends with your eyes and hands
and just gets out of the way of taking photographs.

So I think I might be shooting a bit more film in the future, at least
until there's a nice digital rangefinder for about the price of a
DSLR.

I still have my Polaroid SprintScan 4000, and I'm happy with its
results. It is SCSI though, which means I have to use it from my old
PC--this is the only reason that PC hasn't been discarded yet.

So the question for those of you still in the stone age is: what is a
good USB film scanner? Are resolutions still around 4000dpi for the
high end ones? What should I get?

I'm not getting rid of the istD anytime yet, and will probably get a
K100D or whatever is called when it comes out. But shooting with a
Leica RF is so great that I don't want to give that up...

Cheers,

Juan Buhler
Check out my book: http://www.jbuhler.com/book.html
Water Molotov: http://photoblog.jbuhler.com