Agreed,
IMO WD40 and other sprays have little or no place
in camera repair.
As a matter of fact I don't even own any.
I use a good quality penetrating oil either on
the tip of a toothpick or in a hypodermic syringe
with a fine insulin needle installed.

My soldering irons are all in the 5-15 watt range,
which is probably why I've had little luck with
the heat/cool method.
I'll have to try it with a bigger iron someday.

Don