Hi Folks,
I'm going to Egypt in a few days, and -- since I haven't been quite convinced to switch to digital -- I have some questions about film and such. First, what is the current situation with airport x-rays? I had heard that any film below about 800 would be fine, but a NG guide I recently looked at said today's carry-on baggage zappers are so powerful they'll cook film of any speed. Other options are to have the film hand inspected, or buy it when I get there. Does anyone have first hand experience of this? Are most airports willing to hand-inspect film? Does anyone have a favourite Cairene photography store that sells 100 asa slide film?

Any other advice about film for a trip like this or general tips on traveling with cameras would be welcome too.

Thanks,
Adam