On May 14, 2006, at 8:14 PM, Kenneth Waller wrote:

I follow the same routine based on what I've come to learn -
+ Delete by reformatting in camera.

I believe there is a possibility of file corruption caused by deletion via computer but I can't recall the reasons why.

I don't know the details either, but I do know that deleting files from the card in a card reader can cause trouble. Always do it in the camera.

Several years ago one of the Nikon tech experts told me to always format the card at least twice. On many digital cameras you will note that the amount of space used on the card by the hidden files drops after the second formatting. Since I've taken his advice and done this I have had zero card problems.

Bob