> > Subject: camera club question re: projected image contests
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Our photo club currently has competitions in slides and prints. We're going
> combine projected digital images and slides in future contests in order to
> provide maximum opportunity for participation. Members won't have to make
> prints
> to enter contests and they'll save a lot of aggravation and expense.
> >
> > My question from other club members is:
> >
> > are you having contests with projected images? What resolution do you use
> > for
> the images? Have you had any problems?
> >
> > thanks for your help.
> >

> Are you going to make all the projected images digital by
> scanning slides?  It's a bit of an uneven playing field,
> otherwise.....

NO! There's no way in hell I'm going to wrestle with that goddamned scanner and
software. That's why I shoot slides in the first place. I don't want to deal
with any of that.

Why do you think the playing field will be uneven? In which way?

I fully expect to be at a competitive disadvantage because my slides are what
they are and the digital images can be altered. The digitally projected images
at the GFM presentations didn't seem to suffer much compated to the slides that
were shown.

Tom Reese