Ann,

Most card reader packages include a CD that has the Win 98SE driver on
it and instructions how to install the driver.  Your laptop probably
only supports USB 1.1, but be sure to get a card reader that uses USB
2.0.  The reader will be backward compatible and should work on your
current laptop, but if/when you upgrade the computer to one which
supports USB 2.0, you will see a great difference in the speed your
files transfer from the card to your computer.

-P