Jens Bladt wrote:
> I understand. It's a brilliant lens. I paid 200 USD for mine a couple of
> years ago. But this is Denmark. You may get one for less.
> This one was quite expensive, though:
> http://tinyurl.com/gm67u
>
> The F-version is supposed to be even better - one of the very best 50mm
> ever.
> Regards
>
> Jens Bladt

HI, Jens,

I looked up the resolution capability of my SMC Pentax 50mm f/1.4, mfg.
1975-'77, and find critical resolution at f/8.0 to be 98 line pairs/mm, and at
+ or - 1.5 stops from there, the resolution is still 87 lp/mm!
I know none of this addresses contrast or other aspects of a "good" lens, but
if crisp portrayal of your subject is a goal, I don't see how you can go wrong!
I like the images I get (on film) and it only cost me $50.
One of the best bargains on superior quality 'normal' lenses around.

keith whaley