> The current price at B&H is 169.95 after rebate.
> That's what I paid for a used one on eekBay last year.
> Given its quality that IS very "cheap".

If I were eligible for the rebate, I think I'd order one from B&H. In
fact I'm tempted even though I probably have to pay the full $219.95.
But with that reasonable price for a new item, why would anyone want to
give $200 for a used one? I just don't get it...
> IF you have a use for that focal length, many don't.

Well, enough people do for the used price to be driven up, apparently.