This is hooey. Photodo is a worthless metric imo. Reducing the
performance of a lens to a one unit single valued metric is ridiculous.

I also compared the A50/1.4 against the FA50/1.4, as well as the
F50/1.7 and A50/1.7. Both pairs responded identically, 1.7 to 1.7 ...
1.4 to 1.4, and the differences were also 100% consistent when
compared 1.7 to 1.4. These lenses are optically identical in their
respective max apertures. The differences are solely the mount design
and lens unit variations.

Hmm. 500mm f/1.4? That one hunk of glass you got there... ! ;-)

Godfrey