With digital, there's no such thing as "standard" settings. If you
jpegs, the camera processes the recorded data. If you shoot RAW, you
process it. In either case, you have to control the outcome either by
setting the camera derfaults to get the right amount of saturation,
contrast and exposure or by making the adjustments in your RAW
converter. The latter method, of course, gives you more control.
Paul